"I was really impressed ... Phil was able to bring a very difficult staffing dispute to a successful resoution for all concerned" Ben HR Manager.
Mediation for the resolution of employment conflict and disputes is rapidly becoming a must have service for employers... but not all organisations have the skilled in house mediators needed to do the work.
Mediation offers employers the following benefits:
1. It is quick. Disputes and conflict are usually mediated within one to two weeks of first contact.
2. It is effective. Over 80% of mediations resolve the dispute or conflict on the day of the mediation or soon thereafter.
3. It is cost effective. Compared to the alternatives of dismissing an employee, or defending a case in a tribunal, or valuable staff leaving, mediation is a cost effective solution to many disputes and conflicts.
4. Tribunals look favourably on employers who offer mediation. In some cases costs may not be awarded if mediation has not first been offered.
Mediation offers employees the following benefits:
1. Control of the process. Once solicitors, unions or tribunals become involved, the employee loses control of the process.
2. Control of the outcome. The mediator is not there to take sides, so the employee always retains control of the mediated outcome.
Different mediators bring different skill mixes to their work. My core professional training is as a psychotherapist where I specialise in working with men and couples.
My work as a mediator of employment disputes and conflict draws on my skills as a psychotherapist, as well as my understanding of industrial sociology and psychology, and my experience as a manager.
My background uniquely enables me to work with a diverse range of people across a wide spectrum of organisational contexts. My understanding of mental health means I am particularly suited for those cases where one or both parties are in distress.
I offer mediation in London and throughout the U.K.
I am happy to discuss your mediation needs informally, so please feel free to contact me.
London-Mediation.com is a trading name of Equus Proeliator Ltd Registered in England Number 6267128 Registered Offices 145-157 St John Street London EC1V 4PY